Chiang Mai Thai

Ever wanted to learn Thai, in Chiang Mai? I did just that from November 2010, returning home in October 2011. If you don't want a headache, start HERE, it will explain the preceding posts. I'm Snap, Stray's other half. COOEE is our (other) travel blog.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Workplace health and safety - Thai style

Good to see that by the fifth floor the safety gear is in use.

Don't confuse the billboard sign cables in the background
with the safety rope.

But who's holding the guy, holding the rope, holding the guy?


Cheers!
สเมป

See what else we're up to at Cooee!

2 comments:

  1. Snap, I have seen some of the most insane things on job sites in Thailand and I used to be a construction manager. My favorite is watching the electricians throw wooden ladders up against live electrical lines...depending on the humidity the water content of the wood makes a great conductor and has fried more than a few Thai electricians.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Talen funny you should mention conductors. I was walking home in the rain today, holding up my tent size umbrella, walking under low hanging cables at times...the thought of being char grilled, did cross my mind.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment.